Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen

Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen


Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen is where it all started for me.  My mother gave me this book in the late 90s when I told her I was first interested in cooking.  My first recipe was Lamb Curry, starting on page 135.  I've cooked and recooked so many recipes from this book it's ridiculous.  At one point in my life I called myself a Cajun Chef, because I was so inspired and motivated by this style of cooking.  This is the one that really started it all for me and I will always have a fond place in my heart for Chef Paul.  His love of food made my life immeasurably better.  I'll always be grateful to him and recommend this book still, all these years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment